kwangberg @ gmail.com
Emmy-nominated news producer experienced with analyzing audience demographics & communicating key station goals to increase & retain high-value target audience.
Manages & coordinates news teams, strategizes daily & monthly goals, writes daily news promotions.
Creates efficient, cross-platform media campaigns.
KIRO 7 (CBS), Producer, Seattle, WA (August 2016 – Present)
- Produce weekend evening news show (January 2019 – Present), Produce news show from 6 –7 am (February 2018 – December 2018), 5 – 6 am (August 2016 – January 2018)
- Produce daily news show, lead weekend news team
- Co-lead team to create template & rollout plan for KIRO 7ʼs Flash Briefing for Amazonʼs Echo Show global launch
- Produce 2 daily video shows Amazonʼs Echo Show & 2 audio shows for cross-platform digital devices
- Select & write compelling local, national, international, & features stories for daily newscast
- Incorporate breaking news up to a minute after it happens into live broadcasts
- Write news teases to retain audience through commercial breaks
- Constant monitoring of competition to ensure exclusivity of leads
KATU (ABC), Producer, Portland, OR (July 2014 – Present)
- Produced news show from 6 – 7 am (March 2015 – July 2016), 4:30 – 5 am (July 2014 – March 2015).
- Assign daily reporter stories
- Translated complex technical issues and ideas into approachable & appealing content to retain audience
WRDW, News 12 Augusta (CBS), Producer, Augusta, GA (July 2012 – June 2014)
- Produced news show from 6 – 7 am (June 2013 – June 2014), 5 – 6 am (January – June 2013), Midday (August – December 2012)
- Field produced at 2014 Masters
- Field produced “2013 North Augusta Christmas Parade”
- Wrote content for social media platforms & website
- Uploaded video to website
- Reported traffic on air in 6 am news show along with producing 5 am or Midday show (August 2012 – June 2013)
MPT, Maryland Public Television, Production Assistant, North Yorkshire, UK (April 2012)
- Worked on location in England at Kiplin Hall, Maryland’s birthplace, on a half hour documentary
WUSA9, CBS Washington News, Broadcast News Intern, Washington, D.C. (September – December 2011)
- Attended and contributed to the daily producers meeting
- Researched for investigative stories, helped at the assignment desk, wrote scripts
- Reported and anchored for nightly newscast for college-owned cable TV station
- Shot, wrote, edited and created graphics within daily news stories
- Produced nightly newscast for college-owned cable TV station
Lakeland Public Television: Lakeland News, Broadcast News Reporter, Bemidji, MN (Summer 2008; Intern: Summer 2006 & 2007)
- Shot, wrote, and edited daily news stories
Prince George’s Sentinel, Freelance reporter, Seabrook, MD (September 2010-December 2010)
- Covered College Park City Council meetings and other assorted stories
21st Century Foreign Language School, Oral English Teacher, Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China (September 2008-May 2010)
- Taught daily English classes for middle school students and a weekly class for Chinese English teachers
England (April 2012)
China (September 2008-May 2010)
- Conversational Mandarin.
Malta (January – May 2007)
- Taught English at African Refugee Camp, studied at the University of Malta.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa, 2008