Profile Experience Education References
kwangberg @ gmail.com
See work samples…
Emmy-nominated news producer experienced with analyzing audience demographics & communicating key station goals to increase & retain high-value target audience.
Manages & coordinates news teams, strategizes daily & monthly goals, writes daily news promotions.
Creates efficient, cross-platform media campaigns.
KIRO 7 (CBS), Producer, Seattle, WA (August 2016 – Present)
- Produce weekend evening news show (January 2019 – Present), Produce news show from 6 –7 am (February 2018 – December 2018), 5 – 6 am (August 2016 – January 2018)
- Produce daily news show, lead weekend news team
- Co-lead team to create template & rollout plan for KIRO 7ʼs Flash Briefing for Amazonʼs Echo Show global launch
- Produce 2 daily video shows Amazonʼs Echo Show & 2 audio shows for cross-platform digital devices
- Select & write compelling local, national, international, & features stories for daily newscast
- Incorporate breaking news up to a minute after it happens into live broadcasts
- Write news teases to retain audience through commercial breaks
- Constant monitoring of competition to ensure exclusivity of leads
KATU (ABC), Producer, Portland, OR (July 2014 – Present)
- Produced news show from 6 – 7 am (March 2015 – July 2016), 4:30 – 5 am (July 2014 – March 2015).
- Assign daily reporter stories
- Translated complex technical issues and ideas into approachable & appealing content to retain audience
WRDW, News 12 Augusta (CBS), Producer, Augusta, GA (July 2012 – June 2014)
- Produced news show from 6 – 7 am (June 2013 – June 2014), 5 – 6 am (January – June 2013), Midday (August – December 2012)
- Field produced at 2014 Masters
- Field produced “2013 North Augusta Christmas Parade”
- Wrote content for social media platforms & website
- Uploaded video to website
- Reported traffic on air in 6 am news show along with producing 5 am or Midday show (August 2012 – June 2013)
MPT, Maryland Public Television, Production Assistant, North Yorkshire, UK (April 2012)
- Worked on location in England at Kiplin Hall, Maryland’s birthplace, on a half hour documentary
WUSA9, CBS Washington News, Broadcast News Intern, Washington, D.C. (September – December 2011)
- Attended and contributed to the daily producers meeting
- Researched for investigative stories, helped at the assignment desk, wrote scripts
Maryland Newsline, Capital News Service, Anchor/Reporter, College Park, MD (January – April 2012)
- Reported and anchored for nightly newscast for college-owned cable TV station
- Shot, wrote, edited and created graphics within daily news stories
Maryland Newsline, Capital News Service, Producer, College Park, MD (January – May 2011)
- Produced nightly newscast for college-owned cable TV station
Lakeland Public Television: Lakeland News, Broadcast News Reporter, Bemidji, MN (Summer 2008; Intern: Summer 2006 & 2007)
- Shot, wrote, and edited daily news stories
Prince George’s Sentinel, Freelance reporter, Seabrook, MD (September 2010-December 2010)
- Covered College Park City Council meetings and other assorted stories
21st Century Foreign Language School, Oral English Teacher, Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China (September 2008-May 2010)
- Taught daily English classes for middle school students and a weekly class for Chinese English teachers
England (April 2012)
China (September 2008-May 2010)
- Conversational Mandarin.
Malta (January – May 2007)
- Taught English at African Refugee Camp, studied at the University of Malta.
Master of Journalism, Broadcast Emphasis, University of Maryland, College Park (Philip Merrill College of Journalism), Graduating in May 2012.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa, 2008