kwangberg @ gmail.com
Emmy-nominated news producer well versed with analyzing audience demographics & communicating key station goals to increase & retain target viewers.
Skilled in managing news teams, strategizing daily & monthly goals, creating & identifying daily news commercials.
Experience creating new show segments based on team strengths.
News writing (broadcast, print & online), Press Releases, AP Style, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML & CSS, Social Media, ENPS, I-News, TVU, SigAlert, Anvanto, Viz, Clickability, Final Cut Pro, Avid Editing System, Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Computer Assisted Reporting
KATU (ABC), Producer, Portland, OR (July 2014 – Present)
- Produce news show from 6 – 7 am (March 2015 – Present), 4:30 – 5 am (July 2014 – March 2015).
- Assigning daily reporter stories.
- Select & write local, national, international, & features stories for daily newscast.
- Incorporate breaking news into the daily newscast.
- Write news teases to retain audience through commercial breaks.
- Constant monitoring of competition to ensure exclusivity of leads.
WRDW, News 12 Augusta (CBS), Producer, Augusta, GA (July 2012 – June 2014)
- Produce news show from 6 – 7 am (June 2013 – June 2014), 5 – 6 am (January – June 2013), Midday (August – December 2012), Also filled in on all other News 12 shows during various weeks.
- Oversee anchor, meteorologist, 2 reporters, TMP’s, editors, & 2 photographers for morning shows.
- Coordinate live shots during the show.
- Create graphics for show.
- Field producer for News 12 at 2014 Masters.
- Field producer for “2013 North Augusta Christmas Parade.”
- Write content for News 12 social media platforms & website.
- Upload video to website.
- Report traffic on air in 6 am news show along with producing 5 am or Midday show (August 2012 – June 2013).
MPT, Maryland Public Television, Production Assistant, North Yorkshire, UK (April 2012)
- Worked on location in England at Kiplin Hall, Maryland’s birthplace, on a half hour documentary.
WUSA9, CBS Washington News, Broadcast News Intern, Washington, D.C. (September – December 2011)
- Attended and contributed to the daily producers meeting.
- Researched for investigative stories, helped at the assignment desk, wrote scripts.
- Reported and anchored for nightly newscast for college-owned cable TV station that reaches more than 400,000 households in suburban Washington, D.C.
- Filmed, wrote, edited and created graphics within daily news stories.
- Produced nightly newscast for college-owned cable TV station that reaches more than 400,000 households in suburban Washington, D.C.
Lakeland Public Television: Lakeland News, Broadcast News Reporter, Bemidji, MN (Summer 2008; Intern: Summer 2006 & 2007)
- Shot, wrote, and edited daily news stories.
Prince George’s Sentinel, Freelance reporter, Seabrook, MD (September 2010-December 2010)
- Covered College Park City Council meetings and other assorted stories.
21st Century Foreign Language School, Oral English Teacher, Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China (September 2008-May 2010)
- Taught daily English classes for middle school students and a weekly class for Chinese English teachers.
England (April 2012)
China (September 2008-May 2010)
- Conversational Mandarin.
Malta (January – May 2007)
- Taught English at African Refugee Camp, studied at the University of Malta.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa, 2008